Group and one-on-one swim lessons, provided by Patriot Aquatics, are available year-round and are structured around age and skill proficiency. All swim lessons follow the SwimAmerica curriculum developed by the American Swimming Coaches Association and provide one of the best learn-to-swim progression programs. With 10 stations to master through the entire program, each swimmer moves at their own pace learning proper stroke technique and water safety.
- For children ages four and up who are comfortable in a group setting.
- Participants must already be proficient in the water and able to jump in and swim on their own.
- All participants are tested on their ability the first day of class and placed into a group of three to four other children with similar swimming ability.
- Lessons run for 30 minutes.
- Group instructors will maintain 6 feet of separation from participants while in the water. Instructors are required to wear face coverings when out of the water.
- Designed for non-swimmers ages 18 months and up, less proficient swimmers who cannot swim on their own or goal-oriented swimmers looking for individual attention.
- Lessons run for 15 minutes but can be increased to 30 minutes with the purchase of an additional 15-minute time block (30-minute lessons are recommended for ages four and up only).
- Swim instructors are required to wear face shields during one-on-one lessons.
Sessions run in two-week intervals with eight lessons held Monday through Thursday. Make-up lessons are held on Fridays at the lesson's regularly scheduled time. Registration begins February 15.
|Session 1||August 23 - September 3|
|Session 2||September 13 - September 24|
|Session 3||September 27 - October 8|
|Session 4||October 11 - October 22|
|Session 5||October 25 - November 5|
- Group: $75 first session/$67.50 each additional session.
- One-On-One: $110 first session/$99 each additional session.
Patriot Aquatics has been part of the Altamonte Springs community since 1980 and provides a year-round competitive and recreation swim program out of Westmonte Recreation Center. Activities are designed to teach proper water safety and proficiency in swimming and are available to individuals of all ages and abilities. For more information on Patriot Aquatics programs and to register, please visit www.PatriotAquatics.com or call (407) 862-2207.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
- Staff who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff will follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals. Exceptions are made for exercise and swim lesson instructors while teaching.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff will practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
- Pool patrons who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Pool patrons are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases as well as any contact they have had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Pool patrons are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release patron names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.