Healthy Living Workshop
The Healthy Living Workshop is an eight-week course designed to teach the value of healthy living choices through exercise, nutrition, hygiene lessons and training for the one mile walk-a-thon, the culmination in the eighth week. All walk proceeds benefit The Advisory Board for the Disabled, Inc.
Sessions are held on Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Cost is $25 per participant. There is no charge for caretakers or companions to accompany the participant. Space is limited. Financial assistance is available. Program T-shirt is included. A completed 2022 Participant Membership Form is required prior to arrival at the workshop.
The workshop runs from June 1 to July 27. Registration opens Monday, May 9.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
- Staff who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent and proper hand washing, use of hand sanitizer and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff will practice proper hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
- Participants who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Participants are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.