City Manager's Office
The city manager, appointed by the City Commission, is the city's chief administrative officer. The primary responsibilities of the city manager's office include:
- Coordinating the activities of all city departments
- Ensuring responsible organizational and fiscal management
- Providing for the effective implementation of the City Commission's policies and priorities
The vision of the city manager's office is to act as a local government which embraces the changing needs and expectations of our customers.
The mission of this office is to provide outstanding service in an efficient, effective, and professional manner.
Goals & Values
The goal of the City of Altamonte Springs government is to provide outstanding services that contribute to the quality of life for the community. Our values consist of:
- Accountability - Accept full responsibility for, and ownership of our actions.
- Leadership - Lead by example and demonstrate commitment to the city's vision, mission, and values.
- Teamwork - Promote collaboration to improve the efficiency of daily responsibilities. Establish partnerships and open communication with each other and with the customers we serve.
- Action - Respond to the needs of our co-workers and our customers in a timely manner.
- Management - Provide training to supervisors and managers in managing the " Altamonte Way;" reward outstanding performance and encourage pride.
- Open-Minded - Maintain a flexible attitude, receptive to creative and innovative approaches to serving in our community.
- Neighborly - Demonstrate genuine concern and provide consistent service for our employees and our customers.
- Training - Provide employee training and development opportunities; encourage a never-ending quest for knowledge.
- Ethics - Demonstrate a high standard of integrity, honesty, and fairness.