The Altamonte Springs Recreation Department has begun a phased reopening of recreation activities, which have been structured for the safety of our patrons.
COVID-19 Exposure Procedures
Participants Exhibiting Symptoms
- Participants are advised to stay home, seek medical attention and not return until they have been released by a physician or medical health care provider.
- If a participant has attended an activity within two days prior to showing symptoms, the City’s Risk Manager will notify all participants and volunteer coaches who were in direct contact with the individual exhibiting symptoms (i.e., within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes within a 24-hour period).
- If a participant is potentially exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, they must remain quarantined for 10 days from time of exposure before they can return to their organized activity.
- The City’s Risk Manager will notify all participants and volunteer coaches of the individual who was potentially exposed.
- If a participant has tested positive for COVID-19, all participants and volunteer coaches will be notified by the City’s Risk Manager of the confirmed case. The notification will require these individuals to quarantine for 10 days from the date of exposure and avoid participation in any City of Altamonte Springs activity during this time.
- If the exposure to a positive case is more than two days from when the group last participated, the City’s Risk Manager will notify all participants and volunteer coaches of the positive case. These individuals may continue to participate in activities and will self-monitor.
Health & Safety Protocols
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteer Coaches
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants as well as any contact the registered participant has had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.