Open Workouts are available to registered Spring and Fall Babe Ruth league participants ages 7 to 18 and are designed to provide proper conditioning and fundamental training techniques to help players begin each season at their best. Workouts are exclusive to registered league participants free of charge. Players must bring their own equipment.
Spring | Registration Open Now
- 6U & 8U | January 18 | 6 - 7 p.m.
- 10U | January 19 | 6 - 8 p.m.
- 12U | January 20 | 6 - 8 p.m.
- 13 & Up | January 21 | 6 - 8 p.m.
Fall | Registration Begins April 25
- 6U | July 25 | 6 - 7 p.m.
- 8U | July 26 | 6 - 7 p.m.
- 10U | July 27 | 6 - 8 p.m.
- 12U | July 28 | 6 - 8 p.m.
- 13 & Up | July 29 | 6 - 8 p.m.
Spring Training Session
The AFA spring training session will focus on the development of fundamental and advanced skills. Players are instructed through various methods inspired by AFA instructors. The session runs Monday through Friday at Merrill Park and is open to players ages 7 to 15. Cost is $125 for the session. Registration begins January 31.
Clinic Dates: March 14 - 18
Clinic Times: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteer Coaches
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.