The City of Altamonte Springs and AdventHealth have partnered to build strong, healthy and flourishing communities that influence positive change for decades. In the spirit of service, we have formed a special partnership to connect residents and visitors to state-of-the-art medical services, valuable education and forward-thinking programs.
This newest collaboration strives to build whole-person wellness and promote the highest quality of life for our local community. #FeelingWholeinAltamonteSprings creates a life of better health and happiness by bringing wholistic wellness to where families and friends live, work and play.
For more information about taking charge of your whole health, contact your Seminole County Health Navigator, Cynthia Hawley, MSN, RN, at YourSeminoleCare.com/HealthNavigator.
Know Where to Go for Health Care
Review general health information on where to go, common conditions and emergency situations families need to know before a medical emergency.
- Monday | September 27 | Eastmonte | 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday | September 29 | Merrill Park | 5 – 7 p.m.
What to Do If Your Child Has a Head Injury
Head injuries are common in children and teens and can be difficult to tell whether or not an injury is serious. Learn what symptoms to look out for and what to do in the event of a head injury emergency.
- Monday | October 4 | Eastmonte | 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday | October 6 | Merrill Park | 5 – 7 p.m.
Foods to Avoid for a Healthy Future
Many factors can influence whether or not a person gets cancer, and many are preventable. Get information on how certain foods can prevent cancer and reduce future health problems.
- Monday | October 11 | Eastmonte | 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday | October 13 | Merrill Park | 5 – 7 p.m.
At Home Warm-Ups for Kids
Warm-ups get children ready to use their muscles, prevent injury and improve performance. Learn warm-up exercises you can do at home before the big game.
- Monday | October 18 | Eastmonte | 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday | October 20 | Merrill Park | 5 – 7 p.m.
Sweet treats don’t have to mean sugary candies full of empty calories. Get tips and tricks to choose healthier alternatives.
- Monday | October 25 | Eastmonte | 5 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday | October 27 | Merrill Park | 5 – 7 p.m.
Westmonte Recreation Center | Fridays | 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- October 1 | Caring for Your Health and Your Heart
Your heart sets the tone for your whole-person wellness. Discover ways to care for your heart and take charge of your health.
- October 8 | Pink Out the Park
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, AdventHealth is raising awareness on early detection and improving long-term outcomes. Find out how to conduct self-exams and take steps towards reducing your risk of developing the disease.
- October 15 | Pink on Parade
Breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer in American women. Join us to learn the basics of mammogram screenings, including why you may need one.
- October 22 | Managing Your Medications
Medications can be complicated. Get info on who needs to review all of your prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, herbal drugs and dietary supplements.
- October 29 | Know Your Numbers
Taking steps to ensure a healthy heart is good for your body, can help calm your mind and ease your worries. Learn what numbers you should regularly check to make sure you feel healthy.