Racquetball League Rules
- Standard “Penn Ultra-Blue” balls are to be used. Racquetballs are not supplied by the league.
- Each player will play one (1) match per night.
- A match is won by the first side to win two (2) games. The first two (2) games of a match are played to 15 win by one (1). If each side wins one (1) game, a tiebreaker game is played to 11, win by two (2).
- Players will “lag” to decide who serves first in game one (1) and then switch for game two (2). During a tiebreaker game players will “lag” once again to decide who serves first.
Lagging for serve will involve each player hitting the ball into the front wall from the back line. The player that hits the ball closest to the floor without actually hitting the floor is awarded the choice to serve or receive.
- Each match will have one (1) hour of reserved court time. If your match exceeds one (1) hour you must relocate to another court (if available) or notify the league administrator to schedule additional time to finish the match.
- Matches are not allowed to be split into multiple days without the league administrator’s approval.
- Each player gets one (1) 30 second timeout per game.
- If a player needs to take an additional timeout a point will be subtracted from their score for each additional timeout (exceptions are made to injuries that require medical attention).
- A five (5) minute break may be taken between games.
- 15 minutes after game time is forfeit time. A player with a forfeit (not notifying opponent or league administrator prior to match) will first be warned. If a second offense occurs the player will be dismissed from the league.
- A forfeit will count as 14 points for playoff purposes.
- If you need to reschedule a match it is your responsibility to do so. Court reservations can be made by contacting the Altamonte Springs Recreation office at (407) 571-8740. Please make sure you cancel
your original reservation. The player responsible for rescheduling the match must pay the court fees ($2 per person/per hour). All rescheduled matches must be played within two (2) weeks of the original match date. If the match is not played within this time the player who rescheduled the original match will receive a loss.
- Winner must call in or email the final score of their match by 5 p.m. Friday of each week.
- To access schedules and standings please log into your CivicRec account and visit your Adult Racquetball League home page.
- Playoff standings are determined by your win/loss record and by how many points you allow your opponent to score against you.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times.
- All players are expected to show common courtesy when addressing other players. Yelling, profanity and excessive arguing is not tolerated.
- We reserve the right to suspend or dismiss any player for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Hinders are stoppages of play and result in the replay of the point. It is your responsibility to give your opponent enough room to hit the shot the way they want to hit. You must give them a straight shot to the front wall as well as the angle which would result in a crosscourt shot to the opposite back corner. Typical hinders include:
- A ball striking any part of the court which results in an erratic rebound (i.e., fan vents, door knob, lights)
- Accidentally hitting an opponent with the ball as it is heading toward the front wall
- Unintentionally contacting an opponent while attempting to make a play on the ball
- Screening an opponent's view of the ball or having the ball pass between one's legs
- If there is a "Hinder” call it translates into an automatic replay of point
- No more than three "Hinders" per player per game
- If no agreement is reached in a timely manner both players will receive a loss for the match